At this moment when penning this blog, four and a half billion devices are connected to the internet, more than five and a half billion Google searches have been done today. Do you want to miss out on attracting the attention of these people? We believe not! Digital Marketing is the way to go!
Digital marketing is a marketing process which leads to the development and growth of the business of any organization or brand by using a variety of digital channels such as websites, email, search engines, social media platforms etc.
Pros of Internet Marketing over Traditional Marketing:
- Traditional marketing is unsolicited, but in web marketing a proper targeting can be done. For an example, if a men’s footwear brand advertises in a newspaper, it can be seen by everyone but not everybody is their target audience. But digitally, they can target people who are in need of those shoes or showing interest to buy one and that is why conversion is more ROI oriented.
- Measuring of conversion is difficult in case of mainline advertising but on the other hand the goal achievement can be mostly measured in Digital Marketing.
- Digital Marketing is frugal in comparison to Traditional Marketing.
- There are no such boundaries of reaching out to people. If one content is likeable and shareable, it can go viral too.
- The pricing for Traditional Marketing is Input based but in Digital it is Outcome based. Ex. For a newspaper print ad the price depends on size, position of the ad and circulation number of newspaper. For Television/Radio ads it depends upon the time slot. For digital, it is Pay Per Click (PPC), Cost Per Click (CPC) etc.
- Digital Marketing is disintermediated but offline is mostly intermediary dominated. Digital Marketing can be done by anybody if proper knowledge is gained.
- Online advertisements are mostly subtle, not conspicuous.
- Online advertisements are Inbound but Traditionals are Outbound.
While entering into the Digital Marketing world, there are few points to keep in mind –
- Digital Marketing is one core part of digital renaissance in this world.
- It is steered by Information Technology. So, one needs to be technologically up-to-date in order to learn and apply Digital Marketing.
- It is very much analytics, metrics and numbers oriented and ROI driven.
- Be alert about mis-informations and ill-advises.
Different domains of Web Marketing and it’s importance:
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) –
SEO is the reason why you might have landed up on this blog!
- Good for business visibility and branding
- Will help people find your website
- Provides your business trust & credibility
- Attracts relevant traffic with high conversion potential
- Among the simplest ROI’s in advertising
- Leverages social sharing
- Gives you unmatched insight into your customers
- SEO is measurable marketing
- It is not a cost but an investment
- It impacts the research / buying cycle
- A crucial part of your marketing mix
- Drives offline sales too
- Cost effective
- SEM (Search Engine Marketing) –
It is the process of marketing your website and building visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs) through advertising. It is also called paid search and sometimes mentioned as CPC (cost-per-click) or PPC (pay-per-click) marketing, because most search ads are sold on a CPC / PPC basis.
- Display Advertising –
It is a kind of advertising that typically contains text (i.e. image copy), logos, photographs or other images, location maps, and similar items. In periodicals, display advertising can appear on an equivalent page as, or on the page adjacent to, general editorial content.
- Email Marketing –
Email Marketing generally involves the use of email to send ads, request business, or solicit sales or donations, and is meant to build loyalty, trust, or brand awareness. Email marketing is often done to either sold lists or current customer databases. Sending email messages with the aim of acquiring new customers or convincing current customers to get something immediately.
- SMM (Social Media Marketing) –
It is a sort of Internet marketing that utilizes social networking websites as a marketing tool. SMM’s most important part would be social media optimization (SMO). Like program optimization (SEO), SMO may be a strategy for drawing new and unique visitors to an internet site. The interactive parts of social media give customers the chance to ask questions or voice complaints and feel they’re being heard. This aspect of SMM is named social customer relationship management.
It is needed to remember that people on Social Networking platforms are there to find fun while they browse, so the objective of using this medium is to acquire memory of people by playing with funny, witty yet subtle content. Humor is the new way to be in people’s top of the mind recall.
So, these are the reasons we call it the Era of Online Advertising! What is your opinion on it? Reach out to us in comments.